Thursday, October 28, 2010

The best chicken salad ever!

I was just over at www.listmama.com reading her list about why she prefers whole chickens, and I posted a comment about how I always cook my chicken in the crockpot. I guess I got inspired, so I decided to post my chicken salad recipe here. I have two, but one is a favorite of my mom and sister so I will give you that one.
As I start with a whole chicken and a crock pot. I do a rub under the skin of season salt and drop it in the crock pot with some water while I am at work. By the time I am home,it is falling off the bone!
Shred the chicken, stir in season salt (to taste) one cup of red grapes(I slice in half lenghth wise) 1/2 cup slivered almonds and 1/2 cup mayonnaise (sometimes more because... we just because I am from the south and mayonnaise makes everything better! So there!
Anyway... mix all together and there you have it. A wonderful go to chicken salad. I like to serve it on a croissant or maybe with a muffin. Any way you do it,is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment