Monday, October 25, 2010

My Mission Statement

I was sitting in church yesterday listening to our pastor speak about vision. He used the scripture from Proverbs 29:18 - Where there is no vision the people perish...
That got me thinking about my vision, or goal. What is it. I mean, let's face it, I am not a blogger... at least not consistently... I am not a chef, but I want to be, I am not beautiful... at least not on the outside, I don't know fashion (unless a good pair of chacos are the latest trend) so who am I and what am I here for? I have been thinking on this and here is who I am.
* A Christian
* A Wife
* A Mother
* A Daughter
* A Sister
* Newly made and aunt (really proud of that one!)
* A Friend

What do I want to be?
* A better Christian, Wife, mother, daughter...you get the picture - and skinny.

How?
* Time in the Word and in prayer and in a relationship with my Savior.
* Time with my Husband - loving him, listening to him, supporting him
* Time and Patience with my children
Are you seeing a pattern? I did as soon as I began this thought process. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what does that mean? Heck if I know, but I am working on it.

As a result of all this rambling I came up with an elementary mission statement, based loosely (very loosely) on the mission statement of the church where I attend, work, practically raise my children!

Here goes...
To love God, serve God, and be in relationship with God in all that I do. To respect my Husband as God told me to do in Ephesians, to take time with my children so they may feel my love for them, their father, and our Heavenly Father, and so they may be raised confidently knowing who they are and whose they are. And to manage my time and priorities so that my important relationships know they are important to me. And stop eating ;)

How's that? It's a rough draft, but I had to start somewhere, and putting it out there gives me some form of accountability. By the way, today I failed miserably, in every aspect of this new mission statement. I was emotional, I let my work bother me, I was impatient with my children, and the only time I spoke to my parents was to complain. Now I am sitting in bed beside my husband - love of my life - and I am on a stinking computer???!!! I am going to fix that, and be sure that he knows despite my ridiculous day riddled with failures that he is a wonderful man, and I am blessed to have him in my life. Then I will end the day in a conversation with my Heavenly father about how tomorrow he's gonna help me do a little better achieving this mission statement. (And that means not eating 2 sugar cookies - (picture and recipe to come soon!))

No comments:

Post a Comment