Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Part 2 A letter to...my sister

Megan,
This one will be more fun than teary, because that describes our relationship.  More laughs than tears, unless you count the tears that come out when we are laughing.  For example:  "Ode to a Fudge Round" or "pixie my pixie, you are my favorite stixie"  Dang, we are some creative girls!  How about the endless hours on Pinterest looking at the humor signs.  So many laughs.  Don't even get me started on "He's Climbing in yo windows, he's snatchin yo people up" or "Baby Got Back"  and Remember our all night sing fest out by the chiminea at mom and dad's?  Both Husbands, mom and dad, the kids  - all sound asleep, and you and I out there till 2:00 in the morning singing Mariah Carey. Scary and fun all at the same time! It hasn't been all fun and games.  There have been the not so fun times too.
I remember the Christmas after my first girl was born, I was postpartum, you were in a transition in a relationship and we both really leaned on each other.  I realized then that you were more than my baby sister.  And as much as I wanted to protect you from any pain, I was also so thankful that we were walking  through that time together.  Remember when Grandma died, it was so hard.  Hard to understand, hard to accept and just so emotional.  We had so many questions, no answers, but we had each other.
So many times, you are the person I turn to when I need to work out how I am feeling about something.  I trust you, I love you, I value your opinion, I rely on your advice and I look forward to our times together.  It is always an adventure.  (like that time in Selma when the super storm blew up from no where and  you were nine months pregnant running through the gas station parking lot chasing a piece of paper with a phone number on it, holding your belly and screaming.  Me, not having any idea what was going on carrying a diet coke and a box of tampons chasing after you... and Jonathan with his head under the hood of the car oblivious to the whole thing!  Hilarious.  You hurt your foot, we got the paper and somehow managed to avoid the incoming tornado!  ONLY BY THE GRACE OF GOD!
I am laughing even as I type.  Oh and remember Dr. Kiester?  Erik had to literally walk me back to the hospital room.  I was in the fetal position laughing at her name and crying in pain from having my girl and I couldn't even look at you.  I was just crying..."Go get Erik, Go get Erik"  That is what happens when you mix a c-section, pain medication, your sister, and a terrible name together.  Tears and Pain.
All kidding aside, there are so many moments when I have been so proud to call you my sister.  Too many to name, but probably the biggest one was when you gave birth to your precious baby girl.  When you were pregnant, I wondered how you would do it?  After all in my mind you were still a baby yourself ;) But then you had her, and she was perfect.  And you were too.  You did it.  You were a mom.  And you are a great mom.  I am so proud.
  You set a Christian example to all young moms, to all young women you meet. And I am so lucky you are my sister.
I really cannot wait for the future with you.  I look forward to our girls growing up together.
  I look forward to our many more late night laugh sessions, I look forward to our phone calls when we are just be completely real with each other - about our fears, our hopes, what makes us mad, or our struggles and successes.  It is wonderful to have a sister, a friend, an aunt for my girls, a confidant (just had a golden girls flash..."you're a part of me...friend and confidant..." ) Anyway -To sum up this little or not so little letter - you are my sister, my friend, and I am forever blessed to have you in my life!
Love you Megipoo ;)
Love,
Sissy


No comments:

Post a Comment